Jan Celine C. Abaño-Ranada
Jan Celine C. Abaño-Ranada is a Senior Associate of SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan. She is a member of the firm’s Special Projects and Banking, Finance and Securities groups. Her areas of practice include project financing, mergers, acquisitions, privatization, energy and infrastructure.
Ms. Ranada has advised several banks that have extended financing to companies, including those engaged in the development of power plants and hotels and casinos. She has also participated in various capacities in mergers and acquisitions involving banking institutions, public utilities, manufacturing, communications and retail companies.
Her significant projects include:
- Syndicated PhP11.5 billion loan to finance the construction of a 300MW coal-fired thermal power plant located in Calaca, Batangas, Philippines
- Syndicated PhP9.0 billion loan to finance the construction of a 135MW coal-fired thermal power plant located in Calaca, Batangas, Philippines
- PhP2.25 billion loan to finance the construction of a hotel and entertainment complex located at the Bagong Nayong Pilipino Complex, Manila, Philippines
- PhP9.6 billion loan to finance the acquisition of 600 MW coal-fired thermal power plant located in Calaca, Batangas, Philippines
- PhP23 billion loan to the shareholders of The National Grid Corporation of the Philippines, which was awarded the concession to operate and maintain the national transmission grid
- Bidding for 600 MW Batangas Coal Fired Thermal Power Plant located in Batangas, Philippines
- Bidding for 600 MW Masinloc Coal-Fired Thermal Power Plant located in Zambales, Philippines
- Bidding for 75MW Ambuklao Hydroelectric Power Plant and the 100 MW Binga Hydroelectric Power Plant located at in Benguet, Philippines
Other Power Projects
- Construction of 100 MW coal-fired power station in Zamboanga City, Philippines
- Construction of 200 MW coal-fired plant in Maasim, Sarangani, Philippines
Mergers and Acquisitions
- US$688 million acquisition of a controlling interest in Coca-Cola Bottlers Philippines, Inc.
- US$1 billion divestment of 100% interest in Wyeth Philippines, Inc.
Admission to the Bar
University of the Philippines (B.S.; LL.B., Dean’s Medal for Academic Excellence)