Maria Teresa D. Mercado-Ferrer
John Christian Joy A. Regalado
Maria Viola B. Vista
Maria Viola B. Vista is a partner in SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan. She is a member of the firm’s Special Projects, Tax, Corporate Services and Employment and Immigration practice groups. She joined the firm in 2009.
Ms. Vista’s employment practice includes advisory work on various areas such as employment and contracting arrangements, hiring of expatriates, union issues, disciplinary proceedings, employee-related data privacy issues, and employment transfers or terminations in corporate transactions.
In tax, Ms. Vista regularly advises clients on tax implications of corporate transactions and structures. She also handles tax assessments and refunds both at the administrative and court levels, representing companies from different sectors such as renewable energy and air transportation.
She has considerable experience in setting up companies in the Philippines, conducting legal due diligence, and drafting and reviewing contracts and other documents relating to investments, acquisitions, and corporate restructuring. The corporate projects she has led have been in a range of industries including those in the trading, pharmaceutical, advertising, information technology, financial technology, and airline industries.
Admission to the Bar
University of the Philippines (B.A., magna cum laude; J.D., Dean’s Medal for Academic Excellence)
• MAP guidelines for double taxation disputes
• SyCipLaw Admits Four New Partners
• COVID-19 briefing: Focus on Public Health Standards
• Employment & Immigration Update 2017 Q1
• BIR Prescribes New Procedure for Claiming Tax Treaty Benefits for Dividend, Interest, and Royalty Income
• Employment & Immigration Update 2015 2-3Q
• Employment & Immigration Update 2015 1Q
• Employment & Immigration Update 2014 4Q
• Announcement of New Senior Associates
• Employment & Immigration Update 2014 1-2Q
• Employment & Immigration Update 2013 2Q
• Employment & Immigration Update 2013 1Q
• Employment & Immigration Update 2012 4Q
• Employment & Immigration Update 2012 3Q