Czar Matthew Gerard T. Dayday
Czar Matthew Gerard T. Dayday is an Associate at SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan (SyCipLaw) and is currently rotating through the firm's various practice groups.
Admission to the Bar
2023, Philippines (1st place)
University of the Philippines (J.D., cum laude and class valedictorian; B.A. Psychology, magna cum laude)
- Cross-Border Data Flow and Data Regulations under International Trade Law
- Myrna S. Feliciano Prize for Best Paper in Law and Technology, 2022 Graduation Ceremonies of the University of the Philippines College of Law
- Author, Scientific Decision Making and the Executive's Power of Supervision over Local Government Units, 95 PHIL. L.J. 324 (2022) (available in HeinOnline)
- Co-Author, (Un)fortuitous Event: The COVID-19 Pandemic as a Fortuitous Event, 93 (Special Online Feature) PHIL. L. J. 71 (2020).
- Co-Author, Defending “Safe Spaces”: Hate Speech and the Constitutional Mandate to Uphold the Dignity of Communities, 92 PHIL. L. J. 848 (2020) (available in HeinOnline)
- Member, Editorial Board of the Philippine Law Journal (Volume 93)
- Member, University of the Philippines College of Law - 2022 Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition
- Champions of the Philippine National Rounds and Octofinalists of the International Rounds.
- Fourth Best Speaker of the Philippine National Rounds.
- Member, University of the Philippines College of Law - 2021 John H. Jackson Moot Court Competition.
- Champions of the East Asia and Oceania Regional Rounds
- Best Orator of the Semi-Finals