John Stephen B. Pangilinan
John Stephen B. Pangilinan is an associate of SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan. He is a member of the firm's Corporate Services, Special Projects, and Banking, Finance & Securities practice groups. He joined the firm in 2023.
Mr. Pangilinan has worked on TMT and energy matters, project financing, transactions involving capital markets, and M&A projects.
Admission to the Bar
2022, Philippines (One of the Top 14 Excellent Passers of the Bar Examination)
Ateneo de Manila University (J.D. Second Honors, Dean's Award for the Second-Best Graduation Thesis)
University of the Philippines Diliman Extension Program in Pampanga (B.A.)
- Co-Author, "Carbon Taxation and Investment in Climate Crisis Response," Ateneo Law Journal, Volume 65 (February 2021)
Author, "Analyzing the No-Standing (to Question the Admissibility of Evidence Obtained and Impede the Execution of Requests) Provisions of the Mutual Legal Assistance Treaties on Criminal Matters (MLATs) Entered by the Philippines and the Implications of the MLATs on the Retrieved Evidence Relating to Transnational Cybercrimes," Ateneo Law Journal, Volume 65 (Part I: August 2020; Part II: November 2020).
This is Mr. Pangilinan's two-part Juris Doctor thesis submitted to the Ateneo de Manila University School of Law. With this work, he received the Dean's Award for the Second-Best Graduation Thesis in 2020.
- Author, "Comparative Study on Voluntary Arbitration and Commercial Arbitration, and Critique of the Supreme Court Decision in Fruehauf Electronics Philippines Corporation v. Technology Electronics Assembly and Management Pacific Corporation in Regard to Voluntary Arbitration," Ateneo Law Journal, Volume 64 (November 2019)
- Author, "Child Pornography and the Fictional and Non-Fictional Portrayal of Child Sexual Abuse," Ateneo Law Journal, Volume 63 (February 2019)
- Co-Author, "Gender-Based Analysis of Laws Applicable to Child Sexual Exploitation Cases," Ateneo Law Journal, Volume 63 (November 2018)
- Co-Author, "Online Sexual Exploitation of Children: Applicable Laws, Casework Perspectives, and Recommendations," Ateneo Law Journal, Volume 63 (August 2018)
Editor, Ateneo Law Journal, Volumes 62-64