Maria Teresa D. Mercado-Ferrer
John Christian Joy A. Regalado
Jose Florante M. Pamfilo
Jose Florante M. Pamfilo is a partner at SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan. He is a member of the firm's Special Projects Department and Banking, Finance and Securities Department. He was recently recognized by The Legal 500 as a next generation lawyer for banking and finance.
Mr. Pamfilo has a diverse practice that spans various aspects of corporate and commercial law.
In the mergers and acquisitions space, he has acted for both buyers and sellers, in asset sale transactions and share sale transactions, involving private as well as public companies. He has assisted foreign investors structure their investments in areas such as energy, retail, financial services and real estate development.
In the financing space, he has acted for both lenders and borrowers in local and cross-border loan transactions, including in acquisition financing, project financing and commercial lending. He has worked on issuances of debt securities and equity-linked securities.
In the banking and financial services sector, he has advised foreign and local banks and non-bank financial institutions on various issues relating to the offering of financial services in the Philippines, and has provided assistance in regulatory investigations conducted by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (the Philippine central bank). He has worked on mergers and acquisitions transactions involving universal, commercial, thrift and rural banks, financing companies, stock brokerage companies and insurance companies.
In connection with his international trade law practice, he acted as counsel for the Philippine distilled spirits industry in a GATT dispute involving the Republic of the Philippines before the Appellate Body and dispute settlement panel of the World Trade Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.
He worked previously for the Ateneo School of Government as Legal Specialist and Research Fellow and volunteered as Legal Officer for the Palawan NGO Network, Inc. and the Environmental Legal Assistance Center - Palawan.
Admission to the Bar
2012, New York, U.S.A.
University of Michigan (LL.M., De Witt Fellow)
University of the Philippines (LL.B., valedictorian and cum laude)
Ateneo de Manila University (B.S., cum laude)
• SyCipLaw Contributes the Philippine Chapter of ASEAN SDG Bond Toolkit Launched at ASEAN Capital Markets Forum in Cambodia
• The SyCipLaw ESG Bulletin: Extended Producer Responsibility Becomes Law
• SyCipLaw Rolls Out E-Waste Drive, Holds Webinar on E-Waste Management and Circular Living
• Social Enterprise Assisted by SyCipLaw Wins ‘Powered by Pro Bono’ Award at TrustLaw Awards 2022
• SyCipLaw will discuss its ESG Projects during the 2021 Virtual Asia Multilateral Training Session on November 26
• Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Investing in the Philippines
• SyCipLaw’s LSIP Wraps Up with a Virtual Conversation with Social Entrepreneurs
• Lawyers for Social Impact Project
• SyCipLaw Joins COVID Relief Efforts
• 2019 NPO Guidelines Issued to Protect SEC-Registered Non-Profit Organizations from Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Abuse
• SyCipLaw co-sponsors Euromoney Philippine Investment Forum
• Kampanya para makalikom ng 10 milyong libro, inilunsad – ABS-CBN News, May 31, 2018
• SyCipLaw supports “Sa Pagbasa, May Pag-asa” Storybook Donation Drive
• Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018 ranks SyCipLaw as Top Tier Firm
• Getting the Deal Through: Banking Regulation 2017
• SyCipLaw helps Upper Bicutan National High School get Ready for School
• IFLR: “Philippines: Foreign equity ownership decision”
• The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017 rankings released
• Guide to Restructuring, Turnaround and Insolvency in Asia Pacific
• ALB: “Philippines’ Economic Prospects Under a Duterte Presidency”
• 2016 Guide to Financial Services Regulation in Asia Pacific
• FLI NET Fall 2015 Semi-Annual Conference in Manila
• SyCipLaw BFS Group Hosts Kapihan on FATCA
• IFLR: "Foreign banks gain full entry"
• SyCipLaw announces new partners – IFLR1000, February 18, 2015
• SyCipLaw Admits Four New Partners