Rose Marie M. King-Dominguez
Rose Marie M. King-Dominguez specializes in telecommunications, media and technology, investments, M&A, and business law.
She has been cited by Asialaw, Chambers Asia, and Legal 500, and was included in Who’s Who Legal: Telecommunications Media and Technology 2016.
Investments and M&A - Has extensive M&A experience in various industries (telecoms, retail, hospital business, and logistics). Transactions include:
- 2014 Php3.7 billion investment of GIC Special Investments, Ltd. (through an affiliate) in a minority stake in the Hospital Group of Metro Pacific Investments Corporation.
- 2015 investment by Aboitiz Renewables, Inc. and SunEdison Energy in San Carlos Sun Power, Inc., the owner of a 58.98 MWp photovoltaic power plant. Related work included a Php3.259 billion project debt financing obtained from Banco de Oro.
- Php69.1 billion acquisition by The Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company and Globe Telecom of telecommunications assets of San Miguel Corporation, completed May 2016.
- Acted for Bumrungrad in its Philippine hospital business (including divestments of its local interests), and served as a director of Asian Hospital.
TMT - Regularly advises clients on a range of TMT matters (e.g., a proposed acquisition of a submarine cable system; review of frequency and spectrum use; advertisements and promotional content; OTT platforms; e-money, payment systems; IoT questions) and -
- Advises a leading global technology company specializing in Internet based services and products on cutting edge platforms.
- Has assisted foreign media companies in the review of license, distribution, service and other agreements, as well as providing regulatory and doing business advice
- Represented a leading social media platform in relation to the roll-out of a ground breaking multi-jurisdictional project in the Philippines.
Data Privacy - Regularly advises clients in various industries on privacy and data protection issues (e.g., employee data policies, BYOD, cloud regulation, use of data in customer agreements, and privacy policies on sites).
Admission to the Bar
University of the Philippines (A.B., cum laude; LL.B.)
Getting the Deal Through: Telecoms and Media 2013
The International Comparative Legal guide to Telecoms, Media and Internet Laws and Regulations 2013.
Getting The Deal Through: Life Sciences 2015.
She and her team assisted the World Bank in respect of the latter’s report Enabling the Business of Agriculture 2016: Comparing regulatory good practices.
• COVID-19 updates (SyCipLaw Bulletin # 4): IATF releases additional guidelines for the implementation of the Enhanced Community Quarantine in Luzon; Supreme Court orders physical closure of all courts nationwide